"Everything Everything" Nicola Yoon

     The book I will be talking about is "Everything Everything" written by Nicola Yoon. If you haven't heard of the book, or don't know what it is, I'm going to tell you a little bit about it. Madeline Whittier is diagnosed with a disease called "Bubble Baby" disease. Basically, she can't go outside, or be in contact with other people/germs. She has spent all of her life in a house. Not once in her life has she went outside, because of the risk of her losing her life. Her mother always emphasized  that she couldn't go outside, or touch anyone or anything. In Madeline's past, when she was 8 years old, she had neighbors. Which didn't end well when they moved away. That's why when this new family moved in, her mother and Carla (her hospice nurse) got worried. Madeline reassured them that nothing would happen, but little did she know how much of a strong connection she would have with the boy next door. His name was Olly, short for Oliver. At first it was just looking at each other every now and then, to sending messages to each other by writing on the windows, to messaging through email. As time went on, Maddy (short for Madeline) and Olly really begin to have a connection. Maddy was kind of a bad liar, though, so of course Carla caught on pretty fast. Thing happen, things change, and everything is different in the end.
     This book is honestly such a great book, and I can't be more excited for the movie. That's right, they're making a movie! I'm excited to see how similar they are, how different they are, and especially which version is better. Anyways, I would recommend this book to people who are into drama/teen-fiction/romance. "Maddy is homeschooled, so how is there any drama?" Is what most people think of when I say there's drama in this book. Yes, she is homeschooled, but you'd be surprised on how much drama there is between Maddy and her family, and Olly and his family. All in all, this was a great book, and I think anyone would be able to relate to this hook at one point or another. 




Comments

  1. I've heard about this book, but I neevr really understood why everyone was so obsessed with it. Well, now I know! I definitely want to read it now. Thanks!

    But on another note, I'm so bummed that we don't get to meet each other! :( I was soo looking forward to meeting you! Would you like to stay in contact once the school year ends? I can give you my email.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher

My Name