"Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher

    At first, when I heard about this book, I thought, "what's the big deal? Why does everyone like it so much?" Not only until after I read it, did I realize how great of a book it actually is. This book speaks about things that people should be aware of. Just because it's "inappropriate" does not mean it should not be discussed. People need to be aware of what really could go on in someone's life. Personally, I related to this book. I think that's one of the reasons on why I love it so much. I think my favorite part of the book & the show, was when Clay finally got to his tape. It was so touching, and not what anyone would have expected. 
     This book is basically all about a girl named Hannah Baker. When Hannah moved to this new place, she didn't have it tough. Not until she met Justin Foley. Justin was the turning point in her entire life. After weeks of living there, she had it tough. She had no friends, no one liked her, everyone thought of her in a bad way. Except for this one special guy, who treated her with nothing but respect, which is why you'll be so shocked when I tell you something later. This one special guy, went by the name of Clay Jensen. Remember that, okay? Weeks later, she decided to end it all, leaving the world. She committed suicide, in her bathroom, in a bath filled with water. Before she ended everything, she made a series of tapes. One for every person, who was at fault for her death. Who played a role in her life, that led her up to what she did. One of those people, were Clay Jensen. Yes, Clay Jensen. Are you as surprised as I was? Anyways, this book revolves around Clay as he was listening to all thirteen tapes. It took him a while, because as he was going along, he got angry at everyone who was mentioned in those tapes. Everyone else had listened to the tapes, but no one took it to heart like Clay. Tony was Clay's only support system through all of this. As Clay went along, he became a threat to everyone else who was on those tapes. They were all worried he was going to say something, therefore there was a lot of drama caused by that. Wanna know more, read the book!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Name